Thursday, September 8, 2011

NFL Week 1 Pick'em Predictions and Surival Football

Alright, welcome to our Week 1 Pick'em Predictions.

This year we are going to have a new addition to this post. We will also be predicting Survival winners. The rules for us are the same. We can only pick each NFL team one time.

For those of you that are new to GodHatesLosers, you will notice that Jordan and I are both making predictions. MGLS stands for My Girlfriend's Little Sister. She is 11. She enjoys drawing, being in the 6th grade, and dancing to "Michael Jackson: The Experience" video game on the Wii. Her picks are much like a coin toss, except more adorable.

Here we go:

JordanAndrewMGLS
Record:(0-0)(0-0)(0-0)
Saints @ PackersSaintsSaintsPackers
Steelers @ RavensSteelersRavensRavens
Bengals @ BrownsBrownsBrownsBrowns
Colts @ TexansTexansTexansTexans
Titans @ JaguarsTitansTitansTitans
Falcons @ BearsFalconsFalconsFalcons
Bills @ ChiefsChiefsChiefsChiefs
Eagles @ RamsEaglesEaglesRams
Lions @ BuccaneersLionsLionsLions
Seahawks @ 49ers49ers49ersSeahawks
Giants @ RedskinsRedskinsGiantsRedskins
Vikings @ ChargersChargersChargersVikings
Panthers @ CardinalsCardinalsCardinalsPanthers
Cowboys @ JetsCowboysCowboysCowboys
Patriots @ DolphinsPatriotsPatriotsPatriots
Raiders @ BroncosBroncosBroncosRaiders
Survival Pick PatriotsPatriotsSeahawks

8 comments:

  1. Agree with you guys on most except Oakland. They're going to surprise this year.
    Not meaning to hijack, but I need some trade help.

    League: 10 team PPR

    1 QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 Flex RB/WR, 1 TE

    1 Def, 1 K, 2 IDP

    Here's who I got:

    QB: Phillip Rivers (I think he will be god this year), Matthew Stafford (Top 5 if healthy, and I think he will be)

    RB: Chris Johnson, Felix Jones, Tim Hightower, James Starks, Ben Tate

    WR: Miles Austin, Mike Wallace, Wes Welker, Kenny Britt, Lance Moore, Antonio Brown, Harry Douglas

    TE: Aaron Hernandez, Jared Cook

    K: Rob Bironas

    Def: Detroit at the moment , but I am going to use the shuffling strategy

    IDP: Lawrence Timmons, Jerod Mayo

    The person in question that I want to trade with has (had) Peyton Manning.

    I was thinking about pairing Phillip Rivers, Tim Hightower, and Aaron Hernandez for LeSean McCoy and Jermichael Finley. He has Roy Helu, and I explained the value behind Herndo so it's not like he thinks I'm giving him scrubs. What do you think? Good Trade proposal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any way I can get you all to organize these picks on order of confidence next week? I understand there are three of you, but maybe a consensus on risk could be taken from 16 to 1?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a problem... This is an advice site after all. I'm here to help.

    Loving the lineup. Even your IDPs are fantastic.

    I'm sorry though. I dont know if I am reading this trade correctly...

    You are giving Rivers, Hightower and Hernandez. And getting McCoy and Finley?

    I vote hell no. Pretty simply. Rivers is going to be a top three fantasy QB this year, no doubt in my mind. Hightower is a sleeper who could break. Hernandez, meh, I'd rather have Cook.

    Getting Johnson/McCoy as your starters would be nice. But I wouldnt take the hit at QB. This is a no for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha. Ha. Ha. Thanks for point that out. She is very proud of herself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've played those leagues before. They are damn hard to pick. For the most part though, I'd assume that your confidence level in the picks would be much similar to ours. It'll be easier as the year goes on too.

    A simple fix for picking your confidence would be looking at the Vegas odds for the games. But record and gut will guide you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. just traded beanie, burleson, and collie for chris johnson in my .5 PPR league.

    is there something i don't know, or is this the steal of the century?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This seems pretty legit. Hopefully it didnt leave you short at WR though. But I doubt I would have ever passed this trade up either

    ReplyDelete