Thursday, August 4, 2011

2011 Fantasy Football Kicker and Defense Rankings

Before we go on to announce the top kickers and defenses available for the 2011 Fantasy Football draft, I want to take the time to welcome all of our new guests. We appreciate everyone who comes to this site whether it is just to read up on some news, review your draft strategy or ask for advice throughout the draft and fantasy football season.

Whether you have been with us for a year, or this is your first time visiting, I invite you to join our RSS feed to get updates whenever we post them and follow us on Twitter where we will be posting more and more information once we get into the actual Fantasy Football season. Thank you all again for spreading the word about God Hates Losers and making us your go to website for all things fantasy.

Enough of the mushy stuff, time for kickers and defense. I can’t stress this enough—save these positions til the very end. Drafting a solid backup or sleeper at wide receiver, running back or quarterback will be much more beneficial to you in the long run than taking the Steelers defense in round nine. Let another owner take that jump and then mock them relentlessly when it doesn’t pay off.

So, let’s do this. After the jump, you’ll find the top 15 kickers and defenses for the 2011 fantasy football season.

Follow these links to see rankings of other positions:
Quarterback - Running Back - Wide Receiver - Tight End - Kicker/Defense



2011 Fantasy Football Kicker Rankings

1. Neil Rackers
2. Nate Kaeding
3. Rob Bironas
4. Stephen Gostkowski
5. Garrett Hartley
6. Josh Brown
7. Mason Crosby
8. Alex Henery
9. Billy Cundiff
10. Nick Folk
11. Matt Bryant
12. Sebastian Jankowski
13. Adam Vinatieri
14. Dan Carpenter
15. Ryan Succop


2011 Fantasy Football Defense Rankings

1. Green Bay Packers
2. Pittsburgh Steelers
3. New York Jets
4. Philadelphia Eagles
5. Atlanta Falcons
6. Baltimore Ravens
7. New Orleans Saints
8. Chicago Bears
9. New England Patriots
10. San Diego Chargers
11. New York Giants
12. Detroit Lions
13. Oakland Raiders
14. Miami Dolphins
15. Minnesota Vikings

*You have no idea how much it hurt me not to list anything Dallas Cowboys in this post.

8 comments:

  1. My Falcons at 5!?!? What's your thinking behind that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this a comment about them being too high, or too low?

    In most every rankings list I've seen so far, the Falcons are pegged as pretty average. But I liked to use them last year. They were 5th in points allowed per game, 4th in interceptions, and managed 31 sacks and 12 fumble recoveries.

    We will eventually be getting into my defensive strategy, which is basically changing defenses every week. But if you are going to hold one down, I think the Falcons are a good team to nab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've changed my draft strategy this year to match a lot of what the more experienced guys are doing. The thing is I still think that if I have the ability to pick up a top 5 defense in round 8 or 9, that I should rather than picking up a guy that may very well be on my bench the whole season unless it's a bye week for one of my serious players. I don't know (which is why I'm asking) but it seems like more sense to make an attempt for a great defense around round 8 or 9, because I think they would do more good for me in my active roster, than a guy like Mike Tolbert would do for me on my bench. What are your thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to send you to an article I wrote last year for this site.
    http://godhateslosers.wordpress.com/2010/09/27/andrews-shuffling-defense-strategy/

    This is the strategy that I use, which makes drafting a defense in the last round OK. I just don't think that there is enough of a difference between the top defense and the 10th defense to justify going that hight to get one.

    Last year (Besides the Steelers who managed 188 points) The difference between the second highest scoring defense and 10th highest scoring defense was 30 points. If you want to make the jump and land Pittsburgh, assuming they have as great a season as last year, then by all means, make it happen. But review my strategy and see if you think that would work better for you.

    You definitely don't want to end up with an injured starter, wishing you'd taken a solid backup in round 8 rather than your D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Didn't think our defense would be ranked that high

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice article. I've tried little bits of that strategy before when the defense I drafted wasn't working out, but I've never had the guts to use that as my main way of getting the most points for my defense dollar. You've certainly given me something to think about...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its worked for me in the past. Every week during the regular season we give a position breakdown about who will be great and who to watch out for. Same goes for defenses. So you know where to look if you want to give that strategy a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They lost some guys, and the draft was definitely focused on offense.. but I think it can be done. I know I have them higher than most, but I relied on them a lot last year and they didn't disappoint.

    Question for you, since you've made some comments on here. How do you think the comment system is on this site? I've tried a few different ways and this seems to be working out the best. Any problems you've come across with it at all?

    ReplyDelete