Saturday, September 8, 2012

GHL's 2012 Week One Fantasy Pick'em Predictions

Time for some Pick'em! And that means that the first Sunday of fantasy football.

Week 1 is generally the hardest. You only had the preseason games to get a feel for the teams, and in those game they rarely played their starters. And let's be honest... you didn't watch them.

So there will be upsets. Surprises. Someone mighty will fall.

Below you will find our picks for this week. Every week we will be posting them, along with out survival pick. The team that we guarantee to win. Feel free to comment with your rebuttals and who your lock is.

This week... I'd say the guarantees would be Detroit over St. Louis, Bears over Colts, Houston over Miami, Philly over Cleveland. The Patriots inconsistency in the preseason scares me a bit, but that is likely nothing to worry about. To read about my Survival League strategy, click here.

As for the upsets, I like Arizona over Seattle and Steelers over Broncos.

P.S. - If you don't believe that I picked the Cowboys, then just look at any pick'em from last year.



AndrewJordan
Record:
(0-0)(0-0)
Cowboys @ Giants
Cowboys
Colts @ Bears
Bears
Eagles @ Browns
Eagles
Rams @ Lions
Lions
Patriots @ Titans
Patriots
Falcons @ Chiefs
Falcons
Jaguars @ Vikings
Jaguars
Redskins @ Saints
Saints
Bills @ Jets
Bills
Dolphins @ Texans
Texans
49ers @ Packers
Packers
Seahawks @ Cardinals
Cardinals
Panthers @ Buccaneers
Panthers
Steelers @ Broncos
Steelers
Bengals @ Ravens
Bengals
Chargers @ Raiders
Chargers




Survival Pick
Texans

8 comments:

  1. So I playedmurray already. Who should I play in my rb2 and flex spots? Foster, Ridley, Tate, and turbin.
    In other league, had Murray also. What two RBs would u play next? Lynch, Ronnie brown, Doug Martin. Ridley! Rashad Jennings, gerhart. Obviously I picked up a lot of handcuffs, but that made it tough. Latest says lynch will play. And I don't know how much mjd and AP will play. So early to have these difficulties!

    Thanks for the help for both leagues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to imagine that Foster will play. Easy fix though since you have his handcuff. If he doesn't play, just throw Tate in there. He should be a game-time decision.

    Next league..
    I would make Doug Martin a starter.
    For the second spot, Lynch should play, but its another game-time. If he doesn't play, you're a touch out of luck because most of the games would have already happened... So you would have to go with Ronnie Brown. Brown isn't a bad play though, since Mathews is out. I'm sure he'll split carries, but I have to imagine that he will get the most of the SD RBs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks g_d haha. But for first league I need two RBs. Would u suggest foster and Tate both, thinking if they go up big with foster they'd give Tate a lot in second half? Or put Ridley in the flex spot?

    In second league, ud put Doug Martin no matter what? I'm not a college football fan, so I don't know much about him, Ridley is my sleeper since Brady could throw a bunch early and run late. Idk...brown over Ridley for flex? Assuming Lynch doesn't play obviously?

    ReplyDelete
  4. RGIII was worth the risk, at least for this week! I didn't do so well with my DEF week 1, need your help boss. I currently have PITTS. Should I keep them or pick up one of the following... Thanks for your help!

    Cleveland


    St. Louis


    Tampa
    Bay

    Atlanta


    Arizona


    Miami


    Washington


    San Diego


    Indianapolis


    Dallas


    Jacksonville


    Minnesota

    Carolina


    New Orleans


    Oakland


    Tennessee


    Cincinnati


    Kansas City

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guys don't see Hillis going anywhere this year in KC? What do you think about droppin him and grabbing Mendenhall before he is active which looks like 2 more weeks.

    Existing running back line up is:
    Rice
    Jones drew
    Bradshaw

    thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just posted my ranks. I've got Steelers highest of all them though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd do that. Hillis will get a random TD now and then, but that is it. Mendy would be a good pickup based on what the Steelers run game looks like so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You guys kick ass,, always appreciate you help

      Delete